Friday, November 21, 2008

In Memory...

This past Tuesday (Nov 18th) we lost an Icon of the Outdoor Power Equipment Industry. Richard Burchett passed away after coming down with a rare disease that effects the brain. Richard was 75 years old. He went from working constantly, as he always did, to passing away in just a few weeks.

Richard has been working with chain saws, mowers and trimmers since 1956. He has influenced and trained a great number of today's industry leaders.

I owe so much to Richard and his wife Betty for taking me under their wings and mentoring me. Richard was my mentor, teacher and friend. Working with and knowing Richard since 1981 has been the highlight of my career. He introduced me to Soren years ago and to my relationship with Dave Zerfoss and Husqvarna.

Richard Burchett will be greatly missed. - Tim

No comments: