Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chain Filing…

The past couple weeks I have had a run on questions regarding chain sharpening and in particularly the tool I used in the YouTube videos. I guess everyone is starting to think about firewood for fall and or perhaps many of the storm cleanup projects going on around the country, even more sharpening demands with Hurricane Ana heading up the coast.

The tool I use with consistent results is one manufactured by PFERD of Leominster, MA (USA offices) and sold under their brand of “ChainSharp.” The tool is also sold (in orange) by Husqvarna in the USA called a “SharpForce”. It is available for most all chain types using 5/32”, 3/16” and 7/32” files.

Look for a local chain saw dealer that sells PFERD products or Husqvarna products and they can put one in your hands. If you have trouble finding one… contact me, there are a couple good sites on the web.  info@forestapps.com   -Tim

No comments: